Marc Vandenplas, FISU Summer Universiade Director (International University Sports Federation): “Welcome to all volunteers of Napoli 2019! Your passion, commitment and skills will be the key of success of the XXX Summer Universiade. Cooperation, respect and perseverance are the core universal values of sport. FISU is honored to have you all representing and sharing these values with participants from all over the world. Hoping this will be a life changing experience, we thank you all!”
The Summer Universiade, that is the University Olympic Games, took place in Naples from 3 to 14 July 2019; it was the second largest and most participated sport event after the Summer Olympics, with many disciplines and university student athletes from all over of the world.
Volunteer requirements for the application were:
- be at least 18 years old on 1 April 2019 (there is no maximum age);
- hold Italian or European citizenship (non-European citizens must hold a temporary residence permit to stay in Italy);
- commit at least 5 shifts, 6-8 hours per shift (most shifts are between 3 and 14 July, but some may take place before 3 July);
- attend the training programme;
- be able to commute and find accommodation in Campania, unless otherwise noted
Click to download Guida We Univolontà.