The International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE) is a not-for-profit, international organisation with the mission of leading and supporting the development of sport coaching globally. The target audiences for the ICCE are National Representative Bodies responsible for coach development; International Federations; institutions that deliver coach education or represent coaches; individuals who design and deliver coach education; coaches; and the international sport community at large.
The ICCE aims to:
- Promote sport coaching as a blended professional area.
- Foster international relationships, social and cultural, with those who are engaged in coaching education.
- Champion sport and sport-values.
- Develop and utilize research in the field of training and competition.
- Exchange knowledge in the field of coaching.
- Disseminate information about curricula, qualifying standards, and any other relevant topics amongst members.
- Co-ordinate coach education courses and resources across member countries.
- Promote a moral code in coaching.
- Improve relationships among Coach – Management – Athlete.
- Create professional publications in the field of coaching education and development
- Encourage and assist countries, in the field of coach education and development
The ICCE is uniquely qualified to address its mission because its members comprise the world’s leaders in coaching development. Its members are spread across all continents and generally all countries strong in sport have their representation in the organisation.
The ICCE has established a central Global Coaching Office at Leeds Beckett University in 2011, which is now the hub of its global and European activities.
Bercial Sergio Lara
National project coordinator